Creating my initial fabric samples

 Overall I am slightly disappointed with my initial samples. I am most disappointed with the colour palette I have used. The shades of pinks/flesh tones are not the same shades as the ones found in my photographs, and are not as sophisticated as my research, ideas and target markets are. They are very dull colours especially when placed next to the black and grey yarns I am using.

http://ecofriend.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/biocouture_vegetable_leather_for_the_future_7ctbu.jpg
Susan Lee 
I am pleased with the techniques I have used, and my exploration of different materials I could incorporate into my samples like PVC, electrical tape and elastic tapes. Including different materials that posses skin like qualities allowed me to trial and error more ideas, as well as pushing my technical ability.







The black antara yarn used in the image above was a new discovery for me. The appearance and texture of this yarn has a rubbery skin like quality, as well as providing a three dimensional feature.

To enable me to create more successful samples I must rework my colour palette by developing my photos and drawings, focusing on colour. By reducing the variety of shades and colours I use will help my samples to have a cleaner finish, and look less high street. I must also start creating my samples at a larger scale as working small is hindering me.