Colour Palette & more restricting garments

I began to look at colour, and proportion of colour.  After finding this image of a bee trapped in a spiders web I decided I want to experiment with a black and white colour palette with hints of colour.
After researching into straitjackets I wanted to look at other pieces of fashion that physically restrict the body. The old tradition of binding young Chinese girls feet to make the size of the feet much smaller was really interesting as it physically manipulated the shape of the body. I could create some unique knit samples if I focus on words like 'binding'  and 'manipulating'.
 
http://www.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/boundfeet1.jpg

I came across a lot  of Victorian fashion that was used to visually enhance the body. Crinolines were extremely popular despite there weight, making movement difficult, and overall not being very functional. I like the cage like appearance of them as they are like a real cage trapping its wearer, like the straitjacket.
http://www.vam.ac.uk/__data/assets/image/0006/185037/2006bb1094_crinoline-about-1860.jpg 
Crinoline
Another extremely popular piece of fashion I have researched is the corset.The silhouette of the corset is a beautiful shape, and something I could recreate by creating draw thread sections. The corsets use of boning make the garment very dense and heavy like the straitjackets, but it also gives the corset its structure. I want to take the idea of boning and use it in my samples to create shape and structure.

 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgP0hZfx7XqRYCU4k4NyUeZRwWoXO5ezQDcZePlVEZ1O4-RHCZdQIzoawK9rfTBgEAj79hK1sYf2XV-8BC7zKyZ36O1DuyAfDjT-e5WIdenRS8ZwMbM0SgPvRda19mYV4Fcc6M9JWfq58o/s1600/4+Victorian+corset.jpeg
Victorian Corset

 I particularly like the colours I have pulled out here in my sketchbook.
 
The structure of corsets remind me of Una Burkes A/W 2010 collection. Her use of leather makes the skins and garment feel like one. The line structure is a clear visual element in both the victorian corset and Una Burkes wearable art pieces.
 
http://www.morfae.com/data/0475/12.jpg 
Una Burke