The Start of Practice

For this unit I wanted to push myself and work outside my comfort zone by taking my initial inspiration from a theme I'm not necessarily drawn too.  I rarely take inspiration from nature so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to take my work somewhere new. I started by taking photographs of different areas of nature that excited me, and my strongest images were from spider webs found in natural spaces. I developed and 3edited some strong photographed and drawn images to work from, and I particularly like how the webs don't look like a 'conventional' spiderweb.
  


There are a lot of stretched and distorted lines in my imagess, which will help provide me with techniques I can use when I start to create knitted samples. Techniques like E-wrapping, moving ribs and in lay would be ways I can reinterpret the shapes in my primary research.


After having my first tutorial I've been able to narrow down my research and ideas. I will still be looking at the spider webs, but bring  the idea of being trapped physically into it. I found the idea of entrapment could work in two ways, the webs being trapped between surfaces, and the creatures that get tangled in the webs.