Developing my fabrics

 I decided to remove the blue shades I had used in my previous samples, and focus more on the silver and dark greys. I wanted to get more structure and shapes in to my samples so that was my focus whilst knitting.

Ladders

Moving mock ribs
 The ribs and racking give the samples more texture and made them look less flat.

In lay with drop stitch

Moving ribs and in lay
Small bursts of colour are very effective with the grey colour palette.

I need to revisit my research on the crinolines and straitjackets to give me more ideas for structure and shape. I also think it would be beneficial to work on a smaller gauge machine, like a 10 gauge, as I am using fine mercerised cottons. My samples look too loose and sloppy, and aren't giving the high end quality I want them to be.