Yarns & Colour

With my ideas for research and development progressing well, I revisited my colour palette and yarns. The images below have helped me to develop my colour palette further. I will experiment with using elements of orange/browns and yellows in my palette as I think black and white yarns on there own wont give the high end quality I want.

 
 
 Houdini's Straitjacket

 
Initial yarn wraps 

Once I began sampling I decided the black and white yarns I was using weren't right, and removed the dense and heavy quality I want my fabrics to have. The cotton however was successful. I  discovered the gold and yellows I used were not the right shades, and I need to look back at my image of the bee inside the web to get the right tones. Below are techniques from my initial knit samples that I found were successful.

 Drop stitch with in lay

 In lay with single bed

E-wrapping & ladders


Houdini's straitjacket has not only given me colour inspiration, but has given me ideas for materials I can incorporate into my fabrics particularly leather and suede. I found a suede fabric in the similar orange/brown shade as Houdini's which I can use within my fabric samples. This will help to link my fabrics back to my research of the famous straitjacket.

Orange/Brown Suede